Category: OneStopRaceShop Home
Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 21:15
Written by Jeff Lyon
Jan. 9, 2012
I wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful and prosperous New Year. And today I especially wanted to wish my wife Penny a Happy 24th wedding anniversary. I love you babe.
If you haven't had a chance to check out TrackMasters Racing site lately, the 2012 calendar was just posted. So check it out and start making your 2012 track plans today!
Dec. 5, 2011
I wanted to congratulate all of those that competed and completed the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill over this past weekend. I know from previous experience what a challenging event it is and it just gets more competitive every year.
Here are a few interesting facts about this years running:
- Record sized field for a 24 or 25 hours race in North America with 83 cars taking the Green Flag.
- The USAF NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill is the longest race at 25 hours (N. America).
- The #75 race winning Mercer Porsche completed the most green flag laps in a 25 hour race. (N. America)
Also a few interesting tidbits for us Mazda Miata fans:
- The #100 Mazda MX-5 Cup run by Team Atlanta Motorsports took the win in E0.
- The #38 CJ Wilsom Mazda MX-5 won the E1 class for the second year in a row.
- The #99 949 Racing Mazda Miata took the E2 class win. (Congrats Dean Thomas!)
- The #23 Mazda Miata of RJ Racing took victory in the largest class, E3 with 22 team.
- In addition to Miatas/MX-5's taking the wins in the E0-E3 classes they also filled out 10 of the 18 podium positions.
All in a weekend's work for a Mazda.